Monday, April 28, 2008

Bridal Expo

So it has begun.

Anthony and I were invited by a co-worker to a bridal expo. Despite reservations, we decided to check it out. Anthony said it might give us a kick in the pants to start our wedding prep. As soon as I checked in though, I wasn't so sure. The lady checking us in talked non-stop, asking us question after question and having us fill out a lengthy form.

When we got inside, a fashion show was going on. Models wearing wedding dresses and tuxedos glided across a high platform to "interesting" versions of songs like JT's "Sexyback." Afterwards, we walked around the ballroom. There were maybe 18-20 booths, so it didn't take us very long. The best booth was the photo booth. We got our pictures taken for free, and we got to do a lot of different poses!

Strangely, a woman who was trying to sell laser dermatology or hair removal packages kept trying to get me to sign up! Was I strangely hairy or in need of her services? I didn't think so. And neither did the doctor who was with her.

Overall, all I can say is, it was draining. The best booth was the photo booth, followed by Patina Catering, which gave out free chocolates. I was intrigued by a female DJ. But other than those, I'm not sure it was worth the afternoon. Why are weddings such money suckers? The industry makes sooo much money off of people willing to have their "perfect" wedding. I never dreamed about what my wedding would look like. I was always dreaming about what I would become when I grew up. I want a beautiful, elegant, and fun wedding...more so because it's really the first party Anthony and I will host, as a married couple. But I don't need a $20,000 video package to remember the night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home