Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sex Change

Alright, that title got your attention, didn't it? It certainly would! Why wouldn't it? It has certainly gotten my attention, so much so that I can't think about anything else right now. I thought people having sex changes only really happen on talk shows or in the latest TV movie of the week. But I actually know someone who had a sex change! I'm sure it's not a secret because he's posted his before and after pictures on a high school classmates reunion type of website, but I'm not going to announce his name here since this blog is more about me and my feelings about the world-at-large. Hee. Hee. Well, my feelings are mixed. I don't think I would've ever guessed, in a million years, that this would've happened. If I had to make a prediction, when I was in high school, how this guy would end up in the next 10 or 15 years, this would not have been it. He was a really nice and normal guy. He didn't seem, in any way, effeminate. He didn't seem overly masculine either, like he was trying to prove something. The only thing that probably wasn't the most normal was the fact he was a bit of a Bible-thumper. But this was Texas, ya'll! If I had to guess what he'd be doing in 10-15 years, I would've said he would be married to a nice woman, had two or three kids, and lived in the suburb. Something completely predictable and boring. So much for what I know! The one thing I do remember about our conversations in high school...I loved saying things that shocked him! And believe me, it didn't take a lot to do that back then. But now...he has officially one-upped me. I don't think I can top this...as long as I live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home