Monday, June 26, 2006

Sisters and Mothers

I think we can go through life with different sisters and mothers. I went to a lovely bridal shower this weekend, and what sticks out in my head is when the bride-to be said how much she really appreciated this shower because she didn't have any sisters and her mother just passed away. I looked around the room, and it was truly a group of women who could be her sisters and her mothers. The dragon boating team she belongs to, the Los Angeles Racing Dragons and also the team that is made up of breast cancer survivors, the Pinks, threw her this shower. LARD is definitely a group of women close to her age or younger, and the Pinks are all around the age of our mothers and grandmothers. But no matter what age, these were all dynamic, strong, caring, supportive, sisterly, motherly, and just wonderful women...and I felt blessed to even be invited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home