Monday, October 02, 2006

Asian Pacific Americans Unite!

I have always been interested in politics and always try to vote (except for a couple of unforeseen circumstances), but I have never been outwardly extremely political. When I was a journalist, we had to maintain our lack of bias in order to have credibility. And after I started working in entertainment, no one seems all that interested in discussing politics. But this weekend, after attending the DC Asian Pacific American Film Festival (The Queen from Virginia screened to a big and enthusiastic crowd)...it started me thinking about issues that affect us all. I had not even heard about Senator George Allen's racially charged comments..until I read this blog entry by Eric Byler, a director of one of the films screening at the festival. I encourage everyone to pass these on to your Asian Pacific American friends:

http://www.imdiversity.com/Villages/Asian/dialogue_opinion_letters/byler_george_allen_macaca.asp

http://apafilm.org/blog/

If nothing else, let's start the dialogue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home