Friday, July 07, 2006

Poker Update 7.7.06

Last night was a late night for all of us. So today's poker game was a little slow pokey. My production company had its wrap party last night at Saddle Ranch at Universal. It took us an hour and 20 minutes to get there, the food was terrible, but we still all managed to have a lot of fun. I rode the mechanical bull for more than 12 seconds...twice! And Carrie sang three songs for karaoke! The boss gave out $100 for the best singer and $200 for the worst singer. The guy who got the $200 and the worst singer title was an Asian guy in IT who sang "She Bangs." I can't remember what the best singer sang, but Kedj won that one. I think it might've been a Pearl Jam song.

So in today's game...the players were Patrick, Carrie, John, Bob, David, and me. John was first to bust, then Bob, then Patrick, then David. Carrie and I were heads up for quite awhile, and eventually it got hot outside...so I started to just go all-in...not caring if I won first or second. Carrie wasn't biting half the time, until she just got tired and called one of my all-ins. I had 6-8 off-suit. She had 5-8 off-suit. My cards held up. Nice. The crazy thing about this game was...I got 9-2 off-suit about 10 times! Also, Carrie sucked out on me TWICE! Both times, I had her dominated...but both times, she got the miracle Jack on the River...to win with a straight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home