Monday, August 04, 2008

Leo Kottke - How Did I Not Know You?

Before Lyle Lovett played the Orpheum tonight, legendary acoustic guitarist Leo Kottke performed to a standing ovation and came back for an encore. I'm so in awe of his gorgeous melodies, his lightning guitar picking, and his way of drawing the audience onto the wide, wide stage with him...all without much singing. Just Leo and his guitars, playing continuously with a rhythm and key of his own.

I'm sitting alone in my living room now -- listening to a solo guitar that sounds as deep as the ocean with the moon pulling and pushing the tides over gleaming golden sand. For four hours tonight, I lost myself in the ferocity, the joy, the exuberation, and comedic moments of a live concert. I should go to these more.

To my future children -- remind me, if I ever forget, to allow you to choose the path where your heart is free and your passions run high. Live your life for all of the moments that make you happy and your heart sing. I wish for you a life filled with music, art, love, and dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home